[Openswan Users] Please, please help! WinXP Roadwarrior won't connect! (logs included)

trevor-os at thennion.demon.co.uk trevor-os at thennion.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 23:41:59 CEST 2004

Hi,

It seems there are several areas that need attention.

I have a Win2k system working from behind a NAT firewall, but the XP systems
are all directly connected to the Internet. I am using SuperFreeSwan 1.99.8
on the gateway.

I would suggest you look at upgrading the gateway as has been suggested, but
also resolving why the XP machine complains about the certificate.

Use the MMC to obtain the details that should be in the conf file.

On the XP machine, in the ipsec.conf file, the rightca=" " should contain the
Issuer details from your personal certificate.

If that doesn't resolve the error from your Oakley log, I'm at a loss!

Hope you get it fixed - please post how you do get it fixed so that others can
learn from this.

Regards

Trevor