[Openswan Users] Problems setting up IPSec on RHEL 3

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Aug 4 23:18:53 CEST 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Matthew Claridge wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a LAN-2-LAN vpn from a RHEL 3 box to a Cisco
> router. This ought to work fine.....

[racoon and redhat scripts]

> remote 194.73.118.113
> {
>         exchange_mode aggressive, main;
>

> which is obviously wrong as there's no closing brace in either file!

> so my question is: is this thing so full of bugs that I should simply
> give up and go home, or am I missing something fundamental and being
> really stupid in the process???

Either use bleeding edge initscripts from fedora, or manually configure
racoon without the initscripts, or install openswan instead of racoon
as the IKE daemon.

This bug was in the racoon scripts months ago when I looked at it too, so
I get the idea not many people are using those initscripts a lot with ipsec
support.

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.