[Openswan Users] NAT-T Issue on 2.4.26 kernel

Sebastian Zdrojewski sebastian.zdrojewski at technomind.it
Tue Apr 27 14:41:23 CEST 2004

Hello all,

I am new to the list, so please forgive me if I am asking something that
may be already answered.

I am actually compiling openswan-2.1.2rc3 on a Linux box using the
source tree for 2.4.26 kernel. It works fine without the NAT-T
functionality (I am working on a L2TP/IPsec gateway).

When I started to look for the NAT-T feature in /var/log/secure I am
finding this error:

Apr 27 01:29:32 xxxxx pluto [PIDno]: NAT:Traversal: ESPINUDP(1) not
supported by kernel -- NAT-T disabled

Now: I am looking for more information about this (I didn't get this
problem with 1.0.3 version) and I can't understand what's wrong. The
kernel seems to be compiled correctly. I've tried both methods compiling
using the "make menugo", by applying the kernel-patch file, and even
using the "make nattpatch"... but result is still the same.

Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks in advance,

En3pY

-