[Openswan Users] NAT not needed on both sides

Tiago Freitas Leal tfl at netcabo.pt
Tue Apr 6 01:34:50 CEST 2004

On http://wiki.openswan.org/index.php/Firewalls it says:

[quote]
If you are NATing (Network Address Translation) the traffic on one, or both sides, you will need to make sure you have NATTraversal support on both gateways.
[unquote]

I tried to connect computer A (not NATed) and computer B (NATed). I was using SFS 1.99.8. NAT traversal was enabled on both sides. Connection failed until I disabled NAT traversal on one side:
 - I disabled it on computer A (not NATed), enabled it on the other side and it worked.
 - I disabled it on computer B (NATed), enabled it on the other side and it worked.