[Openswan Users] NAT-T in native stack??

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Apr 1 10:38:44 CEST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Rene Mayrhofer wrote:

> > Perhaps Rene wants to enable this per default.
> Might be an option, but I used to set it off by default because it broke
> stuff in earlier freeswan releases (where I applied the NAT-T patch). Is
> it "safe" now, i.e. is _everything_ expected to work with NAT-T being on
> that work when it is disabled ?

AFAIK, yes. Just make sure you have:

USE_NAT_TRAVERSAL_TRANSPORT_MODE?=true

in Makefile.inc. Note the _MODE part, which was missing in previous versions,
and might still be missing in 2.1.1. (It is fixed in cvs)
This is neccessary for WinXP/2K

For the native stack, also apply the fix from Nate that changed a test -d
to a test -f for /proc/modules in _startklips.