[Openswan dev] Openswan configuration help

Sumit Kala sumit.kala at aricent.com
Fri Jun 24 15:37:45 EDT 2011

Hello Fellow Users,

I have been trying to setup IPSEC encryption between two linux boxes.
I have a server application which runs on Linux Box A
and a client application which runs on Linux Box B.

The client sends the data to server.
I have captured wireshark logs at both server and client end.
In the wireshark logs I can see that the Box B send ESP packets to the Box A.

But the server Application running at Box A is is not able to get any packets.

If I turn the policy off at Box B, Box B sends normal UDP data packets to Box A,
but still the Server Application running at box A doesn't get any packets.(
Expected behavior since policy at Box A enforces that all packets coming from
Box B should be encrypted.)

If I turn the policy off at Box A and Box B both, the server application
receives the unencrypted data which is also expected behavior.

But when the policy is turned on at both the boxes the encrypted packets reach
the Box A but are not delivered to the server application.

If anyone has faced such issue please help me to debug this issue.

I have attached the ifconfig and policy settings at Box A and Box B for your
reference.

Thanks & Regards,
Sumit