[Openswan dev] IKEv2

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Feb 17 10:30:38 EST 2011

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011, Goshen, Ido (Ido) wrote:

> Some resources say iOpenSWAN does NOT support IKEv2 (e.g. http://wiki.openswan.org/index.php/Openswan/FeatureComparison. )
>
> I guess they are outdated. Still it raises a concern.

They are....

> How mature/stable is the IKEv2 implementation?

It's been around for 2 years? It does not have all the bells and whistles (eg EAP)

> Can I found somewhere interoperability test results for IKEv2?

We tested against racoon2 and strongswan, test results are in openswan-2.6.x/testing/pluto/ikev2-interop-*

> Is it full IKEv2 featured or there are still known missing features/delicacies (If yes then is there a list of them)?

There are LOTS of IKEv2 extensions....

The only "basic" part still missing I believe is that the NAT-T support is not fully complete.