[Openswan dev] Error building klips-ipv6 (missing include?)

David McCullough david_mccullough at mcafee.com
Tue Sep 28 20:56:25 EDT 2010

Jivin Ruben Laban lays it down ...
> Hi David,
>
> On Tuesday 31 August 2010 at 16:02 (CET), David McCullough wrote:
> > > To summarize I see 2 "major" issues left:
> > >

> > > * "messed" up destination mac addresses on outbound traffic (seen by
> > > tcpdump on  ipsecX)
> >
> > Yeah,  I have reproduced that but not looked at it any further.
> >
> > > * _updown.klips doesn't take care of adding IPv6 routes yet
> > >

> > > When the 2nd issue were to be solved, I'll see if I can run some
> > > "production"  tests with it (my home-work VPN runs over IPv6 currently,
> > > using openswan/netkey obviously).
> >
> > I have this done,  just not tested yet,  a couple of other things taking my
> > time.  Hopefully soon.  Just checking on a another random "short packets"
> > problem that seems a bit hit or miss as to whether it happens or not.
>
> Mostly out of curiosity: are there any updates in either of these areas yet?
> Being pressed for time is something I'm way too familiar with as well
> unfortunately ;-)

Been tied up with customer issues and vacations.  I have the updown script
changes ready to commit but they are untested.  i still haven't looked at
the MAC address thing,  but I have fixed a few problems that hadn't showed
themselves but will.  I am back in the office next week,  hopefully it will
get some more time then ;-)

Thanks,
Davidm

--