[Openswan dev] paths of files in lib/ipsec/_*

Stefan Miklosovic miklosovic at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 12:56:28 EDT 2010

Hi list,

I was compiling openswan and noticed there is no
./configure script, so I had to rewrite Makefile.inc for
my needs. Ok, I did it, everything is compiled well. But
I noticed when I was about starting it in /etc/rc.d/rc.ipsec
that there are some paths in lib/ipsec/_* files for which
paths to files are not changed. Some paths are modified
as I change it in Makefile.inc but some are not.

For example
(file_in_lib/ipsec:string)

_plutoload:info=/var/run/pluto/ipsec.info
_plutorun:info=/var/run/pluto/ipsec.info
_plutorun:pidfile=/var/run/pluto/pluto.pid
_realsetup:plutopid=/var/run/pluto/pluto.pid
_realsetup:plutoctl=/var/run/pluto/pluto.ctl
_realsetup:lock=/var/run/pluto/ipsec_setup.pid
_realsetup:info=/var/run/pluto/ipsec.info
_realsetup: if [ -f /var/run/pluto.pid -a ! -f /var/run/pluto/pluto.pid ]
_realsetup:    mkdir -p /var/run/pluto
_realsetup:    mv /var/run/pluto.pid /var/run/pluto/pluto.pid
_realsetup: rm -f /var/run/pluto.pid
_startklips:info=/var/run/pluto/ipsec.info
_updown.klips:OPENSWAN_RESOLV_CONF=/var/run/pluto/openswan-resolv-conf-backup
_updown.netkey:OPENSWAN_RESOLV_CONF=/var/run/pluto/openswan-resolv-conf-backup

So, if we are about complete customisation of installation for our needs, we
shoud also be able
to change this, for example, if I want to change path to
/server/ipsec/run/pluto.pid I have no
possibility to do that except changing these paths by hand ...

What should I do? If my idea will be approved, i would like to rewrite that
parts of scripts, send
diff files and ...

thank you for your time

--