[Openswan dev] First pass README update

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Oct 14 11:31:54 EDT 2010

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010, Thomas Geulig wrote:

> On Thursday 14 October 2010 06:04:05 David McCullough wrote:
>>    perl is also required for "ipsec verify".
>
> and the new "policy" command.
>
> BTW Paul said, he wants to redo verify in Python.
> Wouldn't it be better to stick to just ONE scripting language?
> (I prefer shell scripts.)
> Otherwise it get's more and more difficult on embedded systems.

Yes it would be. The only two commands in perl are policy (for mast)
and verify. I'd prefer python for both of them. They could be done
with shell scripting, but in our experience, most embedded systems are
using fairly broken/limited awk/sed/sh versions and usually miss auxiliary
commands (dirname, id, etc) to work properly. So these commands tend to not
work on embedded systems anyway.