[Openswan dev] First pass README update

Gilles Espinasse g.esp at free.fr
Thu Oct 14 04:32:23 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Harald Jenny" <harald at a-little-linux-box.at>
To: <dev at openswan.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Openswan dev] First pass README update

> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 09:00:45AM +0200, Thomas Geulig wrote:
> > On Thursday 14 October 2010 06:04:05 David McCullough wrote:
> > >    perl is also required for "ipsec verify".
> >
> > and the new "policy" command.
> >
> > BTW Paul said, he wants to redo verify in Python.
> > Wouldn't it be better to stick to just ONE scripting language?
> > (I prefer shell scripts.)
> > Otherwise it get's more and more difficult on embedded systems.
>
> +1

+1
I use openswan on a distrib that don't require Python actually.
perl is a mandatory build requirement on an LFS system and (could be |is)
used for a web GUI.
>From a build point of view, Python is an option only required to shrink libs
with mklibs and not many care of boot floppy size today.

for f in $(cat /tmp/openswan_list); do [ -f $f ] && grep -H '\#\!\/' $f ;
done
etc/rc.d/ipsec:#!/bin/sh
etc/rc.d/setup:#!/bin/sh
usr/lib/ipsec/_plutoload:#!/bin/sh
usr/lib/ipsec/_plutorun:#!/bin/sh
usr/lib/ipsec/_realsetup:#!/bin/sh
usr/lib/ipsec/_startklips:#!/bin/sh
usr/lib/ipsec/_startnetkey:#!/bin/sh
usr/libexec/ipsec/policy:#!/usr/bin/perl -w
usr/libexec/ipsec/setup:#!/bin/sh
usr/libexec/ipsec/verify:#!/usr/bin/perl

So script requirement is actually not that hard.
I run checkbashisms against the /bin/sh scripts and had ulimit and type
warnings.
I checked that busybox support ulimit and even prefer type against which (at
least in my BB config)

Gilles