[Openswan dev] First pass README update

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Oct 13 13:36:16 EDT 2010

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010, Harald Jenny wrote:

> *) Paul, is the method for getting NAT-T patches still functional (I guess
> nobody really uses it anymore)?

It is, but since people only use it on older kernels ( < 2.6.23) it might need
an older version of the patch, some of which exist on the ftp server.

> *) SECURITY HOLES - None :-) sounds a bit to cocky to me - "Currently none
> know" maybe with a link to some site which holds a comprehensive list
> (http://openswan.org/support/vuln/ seems really outdated btw)?

I'll make http://www.openswan.org/security/ list them for now, and once we have
migrated to redmine, we will make that a redirect to a wikilink.

> *) BUGS - aren't we using Redmine now?

Yes, it should re-appear shortly on bugs.openswan.org without the gsoc redirect.

> Well there are links to the old wiki in there, maybe Paul can shed a light on
> the future plans for openswan wiki?

redmine wiki was my idea.