[Openswan dev] Error building klips-ipv6 (missing include?)

David McCullough david_mccullough at mcafee.com
Tue Oct 12 18:26:39 EDT 2010

Jivin Paul Wouters lays it down ...

> >> Shouldn't this be done by tncfg? Maybe there lies the source of the problem?
> >
> > Yes,  but if "ipsec setup start" runs before the interface has an IPv6
> > address,  then it won't be picked up.
>
> tncfg just binds virtual interfaces to physical ones. It does nothing with IP
> addresses.

Yes,  but _startklips,  which is run by "ipsec setup start" configured the
IP addresses onto the ipsecX devices.  I know because I had to add code
in there for IPv6 ;-)

The master branch uses ifconfig while the klips-ipv6 branch uses iproute2.
I'd actually like to bring these user space changes (mostly minor) across to
mainline at some point ;-)

Cheers,
Davidm

--