[Openswan dev] Error building klips-ipv6 (missing include?)

Ruben Laban r.laban at ism.nl
Mon Oct 11 16:28:06 EDT 2010

Hi Harald,

On Monday 11 October 2010 at 21:51 (CET), Harald Jenny wrote:
> > 'ipsec whack --listen' didn't result in the IPv6 address showing up on
> > ipsec0.  However, 'ipsec setup --restart' did result in the IPv6 address
> > showing up on ipsec0. So it might the same issue (or at least similar)
> > issue after all.
>
> The issue from Debian is NETKEY based - when the system is booted it seems
> the problem is gone...

I kinda assume(d) that it's a pluto issue, and not really related to the stack
that's being used. Only other related thing I can think of is IPv6's DAD
feature. Which would keep the address in a tentative state while openswan is
starting up, making pluto ignore it. Once DAD finishes its tasks, pluto would
pick up the address if it was told to do so (as in: ipsec setup restart for
instance).

Regards,
Ruben Laban