[Openswan dev] Error building klips-ipv6 (missing include?)

Ruben Laban r.laban at ism.nl
Mon Oct 11 14:05:00 EDT 2010

Merging the 2 branches of this thread again:

On Monday 11 October 2010 at 18:28 (CET), Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, Ruben Laban wrote:
> > I also noticed the mtu is quite huge. I wonder if that could interfere
> > with pmtud somehow?
>
> MTU's are huge so that fragmentation never happens on the virtual devices,
> only on the real physical devices.

Ah, sounds reasonable ;-)

On Monday 11 October 2010 at 18:32 (CET), Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, Harald Jenny wrote:
> >> [ip route commands] before pluto starts listening on the IPv6 address.
> >
> > Maybe this is related to:

> > Did already discuss this problem with Paul...
>
> If that is the cause, "ipsec whack --listen" should fix that without
> setting any routes.

'ipsec whack --listen' didn't result in the IPv6 address showing up on ipsec0.
However, 'ipsec setup --restart' did result in the IPv6 address showing up on
ipsec0. So it might the same issue (or at least similar) issue after all.

On Monday 11 October 2010 at 18:28 (CET), Paul Wouters wrote:
> > More important (to me at least) is that I still need to do:
> >
> > # ip addr add 2a02:bd0:abcd:3::20/64 dev ipsec0
> > # ipsec whack --listen
> >
> > before pluto starts listening on the IPv6 address.
>
> Is 2a02:bd0:abcd:3::20/64 an address that's configured as a real IP address
> on a real physical interface?

It is.

> If so, it should always show up in the listen list. Can you give me a
> plutodebug=all of "ipsec setup start"?

I attached 3 files:

ipsec-start.log : booting and auto-starting openswan with plutodebug=all
ipsec-restart.log : executing 'ipsec setup restart' with plutodebug=all
logs.diff : unified diff of the 2 previous files

Regards,
Ruben Laban