[Openswan dev] Error building klips-ipv6 (missing include?)

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Oct 11 12:32:41 EDT 2010

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, Harald Jenny wrote:

>> [ip route commands] before pluto starts listening on the IPv6 address.
>
> Maybe this is related to:

> Did already discuss this problem with Paul...

If that is the cause, "ipsec whack --listen" should fix that without
setting any routes.

I have been working a bit on the listen code, and I was considering an
option to just listen to ANY. I am not sure what the history was of not
listening on all IP's whenever they become available to the system.

Perhaps Hugh or Hugh can sched some light on that?

I also thought there was some kind of notification system in the kernel
where an application can be told when an interface or ip address is
added/removed from the kernel. (I don't mean messagebus, though that's
another candidate)

The easiest would be to just listen on ANY.