[Openswan dev] Fix for off-by-one bug in id.c

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Thu Mar 11 23:47:46 EST 2010

Hey all,

I've mentioned this one in a couple of message on-list and in private
E-Mail to Paul.  There's an off-by-one bug in id.c impacting the
leftid=@[foo] notation (key = foo key_id_type = KEY_ID) with is rather
obscure to begin with.  leftid=@[foo works properly but leftid=@[foo] is
suppose to discard the trailing ']' and is not because the check is off
one character.  The attached patch fixes that...

Please apply.  We need it for some classes of Cisco ASA devices.

Some of that syntax should be documented in the man pages but me and XML
get along like garlic and vampires.  Sorry...

Mike