[Openswan dev] SADB_UPDATE messages

Patricia de Noriega pnoriega at it.uc3m.es
Fri Dec 31 06:32:30 EST 2010

Hi all,

I'm newbie using openswan and I need evaluate the mobility issues of IPsec.
I like to develop a simple client that can manage a tunnel established when
a change of IP (src or dest) occurs without re-establish it, i.e, when one
of the end points changes its IP addr due to its mobile nature.

I think this could be managed sending SADB_UPDATE messages to both kernels
updating the IP that is changing. My problem is, how can I do that? I have
been reading the source code and many scripts but I haven't found nothing
relevant. Where can I add some code (or using existing) to emulate this
behaviour?

Any information would be helpful.

Best regards.

Patricia