[Openswan dev] --impair-* and plutodebug interaction

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Dec 22 00:36:17 EST 2010

Hi,

I noticed that when trying to use the --impair-* functions for testing,
that these did not seem to work. Adding some debugging, I found something
curious.

If you set plutodebug=all, then it seems the IMPAIR* settings are lost.

This also means that when you want to test something, for instance by adding

 	plutoopts="--impair-bust-mi2 --impair-bust-mr2"

You may not set plutodebug=all which is bad because this is used specifically for
testing and debugging when you want all the logs.

Is this a bug, or was this done by design?

Though I also noticed that not setting plutodebug= did not trigger the above two
impair functions to work.

I'm not sure I like the implications that a logging setting will change the flow
of code, even if for specific testing.