[Openswan dev] ocf debian

David McCullough david_mccullough at mcafee.com
Fri Dec 17 22:48:32 EST 2010

Jivin Harald Jenny lays it down ...

> > > David, can we have a module parameter for OCF? eg modprobe ipsec ocf={0,1} ?
> >
> > What would the parameter do ?
>
> I guess enable or disable use of OCF ;-) ?

But you can do that by not loading any OCF drivers.

> > If this is to enable/disable ocf,  then we have the problem of loading with
> > needing ocf to be loaded.
>
> You mean when compiled with OCF we must load something?

If klips has OCF support included,  then the OCF driver must be loaded.
There are a couple of ways around this.

1) use OCF like a DLL,  load it then ask for entry points.

2) make a klips-ocf modules that loads and registers with klips to do OCF
   processing.  We could do the same for cryptoapi and the internal cryhpto
   then.

> > I don't think it's useful,  OCF support is a noop if you don't load and OCF
> > drivers.
>
> It would be bypassed completely?

If OCF has no drivers loaded,  it does nothing.

Cheers,
Davidm

--
David McCullough,      david_mccullough at mcafee.com,  Ph:+61 734352815