[Openswan dev] ocf debian

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Dec 17 13:49:22 EST 2010

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010, Harald Jenny wrote:

>> Ok. I've add a modprobe to _startklips for cryptosoft.
>
> So OCF using cryptoapi gets loaded per default?

We were already loading the cryptoapi modules manually because they cannot
get automatically loaded. I added cryptosoft to the list of modules to load.
So now the software ocd driver gets loaded. People still need to preload their
hardware driver.

> Maybe we could add a hint to ipsec --versioncode that loads cryptodev when we
> detect that pluto was compiled with OCF support?

ipsec --version should not have any side effects.
We already log OCF capabilities when pluto starts. I believe klips also logs some
ocf thing. So it is already there. Also, ipsec verify now tells you if your
klips has ocf support. I could enhance it to check if ANY ocf driver is loaded.