[Openswan dev] Error building klips-ipv6 (missing include?)

Ruben Laban r.laban at ism.nl
Tue Aug 31 09:33:51 EDT 2010

Hi David,

On Wednesday 25 August 2010 at 13:36 (CET), David McCullough wrote:
> Jivin Ruben Laban lays it down ...
>
> > On Wednesday 25 August 2010 at 13:12 (CET), Ruben Laban wrote:
> > > Ping6 from east to west doesn't seem to work (yet), but I'm still
> > > investigating that scenario.
> >
> > Scratch that. It was a missing route to west (via ipsec0). A updown.klips
> > issue I take.
>
> Could be,  I have my own bits there as well.  I am working on getting the
> klips scrips into line at the moment.

Progressing nicely in that area. The ipsec setup parts seems to be working
just fine with latest git.

> I'll also have a look at the byte swap thing tomorrow as well and see
> what I can learn,

This has been fixed in the meantime as well.

To summarize I see 2 "major" issues left:

* "messed" up destination mac addresses on outbound traffic (seen by tcpdump on
ipsecX)

* _updown.klips doesn't take care of adding IPv6 routes yet

When the 2nd issue were to be solved, I'll see if I can run some "production"
tests with it (my home-work VPN runs over IPv6 currently, using
openswan/netkey obviously).

Regards,
Ruben Laban