[Openswan dev] Patch for review

David McCullough david_mccullough at mcafee.com
Fri Apr 23 06:45:08 EDT 2010

Jivin Tuomo Soini lays it down ...
> Tuomo Soini wrote:
> > David McCullough wrote:
> >> Thats fine,  but right now I have no known problems with klips and
> >> eroutes/shunts so I'd prefer to reserve the changes only for netkey and
> >> leave it as is for klips.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Davidm
> >>

> > Can you test if 30f88be14ed2db15bcf617c94757f0ea1e329290 works for you?
> > It might not because we now give work = 0; for acquire triggered
> > rekeying like %hold caused by dpdaction=hold - but that's simple way to
> > test it too.
> >

> I'm actually quite sure that state didn't work for you. I did more
> changes. Now it might work with both klips and netkey but interface for
> that must be somehow changed to be cleaner.

So if I set up a tunnel with dpdaction=hold,  what is the sequence I need to
reproduce the use of that state ?  (saves me thinking about it too hard :-)

I only use dpdaction = clear | restart(_by_peer) as a rule,  I haven't seen a
reason to use hold before now,  but happy to test it if I have process to
try,

Thanks,
Davidm

--