[Openswan dev] patch for bug 1067

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Mon Oct 26 11:50:17 EDT 2009

| From: David McCullough <David_Mccullough at securecomputing.com>

| This is a pretty crazy "linux".  Not sure I would invest too much into
| supporting such misfeatures myself.

+1

I especially like it that it has a popen but it never works
(apparently).

| A better solution may be to add a "sysdep" dir to libopenswan where strange
| OS's can hide this junk :-)

+1

Don't screw up the mainline source to support a screwed up implementations.

How do you suggest these fudges be configured in / configured out?
Perhaps manually, by the victim (by which I mean the person building
for that oddball system).

| Attached is a LGPL popen implementation that could be used if you wanted to go
| that route (it even works on uClinux without an MMU).

Looks OK to me.  But this stuff is tricky so there could be bugs.