[Openswan dev] IPv6 support in kernel part of openswan

John Denker jsd at av8n.com
Sat Nov 15 07:03:34 EST 2008

On 11/15/2008 04:46 AM, hiren joshi wrote:

> What kernel part (NETKEY, KLIPS, USAGI, ...) should I use to have
> both: IPv6 support and virtual ipsec network interfaces (ipsecX)?

I don't think you can have both.
 -- ipsec0 is a KLIPS thing (not NETKEY)
 -- IPv6 is a NETKEY thing (not KLIPS)

Most of the things that can be done with ipsec0 can be
done in other ways.  This is a lot of extra work, but
AFAIK it is a price that must be paid for IPv6.

Some possibly-useful IPv6/IPsec observations and suggestions:
  http://www.av8n.com/computer/htm/ipv6-howto.htm#sec-ipsec