[Openswan dev] FreeSwan/uClinux using pluto and whack: ipsec0 not found

aparna.dutta aparna.dutta at jasmin-infotech.com
Thu Jan 31 23:39:57 EST 2008

Paul,

I was not able to get much help from the uClinux distribution people,
because it looks like not many people have tested out the Openswan/Freeswan
port on non-MMU embedded systems.

Based on your suggestion to use Openswan for 2.6.x kernel, I tried to port
the Openswan to uClinux for our board by working around the fork()
functions, and making changes in some shell scripts (especially the
_updown).

With this I was able to setup a VPN tunnel between our embedded system and a
Linux PC within our LAN, as a first step.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
Aparna