[Openswan dev] connections.c

Anthony Tong atong at TrustedCS.com
Tue Apr 22 12:25:19 EDT 2008

Hi,

This is in regards to
http://lists.openswan.org/pipermail/cvs/2008-February/006217.html

alg_ike and alg_esp needs to be cloned in unshare_connection_strings()
to avoid the possible double free.

However for our build, we chose to avoid this issue by not saving the
alg_ike & alg_esp strings in add_connection() in the first place, as
they never seem to be used anyway. (well, except for a log message in 2.6)

I havent extensively tested 2.6.x yet, but in 2.4.x it solved one of the
last pluto memory leaks for us; a heavily loaded pluto stayed at around
15m and nothing unreasonable reported from LEAK_DETECTIVE.

-at