[Openswan dev] [Announce] Openswan 2.4.10 Released

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Tue Nov 6 19:43:15 EST 2007

Paul Wouters wrote:

> Most importantly, you can now use leftprotoport=17/0 to mean "any single
> udp port", which is required for some L2TP implementations that use a
> random high port but don't negotiate that port properly (eg OSX).

You mean rightprotoport=17/0 for Mac clients, not leftprotoport=17/0?

IIRC leftprotoport=17/0 was for Cisco VPN 3000's and non-updated
Windows 2000/XP clients.

Also, I got "NAT-Traversal: Result using draft-ietf-ipsec-nat-t-ike (MacOS X)"
when connecting with Vista. I had expected "RFC 3947 (NAT-Traversal)".
Probably has something to do with the draft-ietf-ipsec-nat-t-ike-05 that was
added.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl