[Openswan dev] 2.4.8rc1 on FC7: error: too many arguments to function 'register_sysctl_table'

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sun May 13 13:47:12 EDT 2007

On Sun, 13 May 2007, Axel Thimm wrote:

> I'm fixing the opensawn packages at ATrpms (mainly upgrading to
> 2.4.8rc1 to fix the sk_buff/nfmark issue on FC > 5, RHEL4/5 are still
> good - FC5/FC6 packages will be available later today).
>
> Fedora 7 and/or 2.6.21 cause the following error:

> Any idea how to fix that and have packages for Fedora 7? :)

The problem is the huge changeset in the skb for the 2.6.21/22 kernels.
We are likely going to make a cut, because it is becoming impossible
to support all kernels from 2.4 to 2.6.22 with ifdef's due to the massive
skb surgery. So 2.4.x's latest supported kernel will probably be 2.6.18.x,
and openswan 2.5.x will required a late 2.6.x kernel.

Though having said that, openswan 2.5.x needs to be fixed to support
2.6.2x.

So in short, yes we are aware of the problem, it's not trivial :(