[Openswan dev] Contribution origin

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu May 10 10:29:19 EDT 2007

On Thu, 10 May 2007, Francis GASCHET wrote:

> I remember that the freeswan project did take care of the contribution
> origin  and discarded all the US contributions in order to keep away
> from potential US regulation come back !
> What is the policy for OpenSwan ?

All contributions are creditted to whomever makes them. We do not care
about nationality. People who care, can look up the credits and do
whatever it is they want to do.

Openswan is primarilly developed in Canada, and distributed via The
Netherlands. We do not believe or accept that US law applies to us in
any way, and will not distributing code if the US government asked us to,
nor would be accept any claim of the US government to ownership of code
submitted by Americans that were given under the GPL.

All patches are equally welcome, and only judged on their technical merits.