[Openswan dev] changing encryption for RSA to 3DES

Mark-Andre Hopf mhopf at innominate.com
Mon Jun 25 05:30:30 EDT 2007

On Fri 22.06. 11:24, siddhesh divekar wrote:

>    I have openswan configured and is running fine. Currently I am using RSA
> encryption. But I want to shift to 3DES or SHA1.
> What changes should be done in order to do that.

IPsec uses a combination of multiple algorithms at once to setup and run a
single IPsec channel eg. RSA, Diffie-Hellman, HMAC, SHA1, CBC, 3DES, etc.

Are you sure that you use RSA for encryption? Or are you using RSA for
authentication and the actual data channel is then protected by 3DES and
other algorithms?

Mark

--
Dipl.-Inf. Mark-André Hopf
Senior Software Engineer

Register Court: AG Charlottenburg, HR B 81603
Management Board: Joachim Fietz, Dirk Seewald
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Edward M. Stadum