[Openswan dev] begginer in openswan

Carlos Arilla carillan at unizar.es
Mon Jun 4 05:40:20 EDT 2007

Thanks for your reply,

I haven't heard about MSEC. I've been searching for it and all i've
found are RFC's of 2004, 2003...I think this standar has been
discontinued, and there isn't any implementation.

About the tunnels i've had problems with multicasting packets over
tunneling. Firewalls and packet organizers don't like tunnels...so this
solution is not valid for me. I need a solution that works in many
environments, not only with tunneling.

I've been thinking about Pluto. Can i use the keys obtained by a unicast
connection made by pluto with any other program? That is, I make the IKE
with Pluto unicast with a Key server that gives me some keys, and i read
that key from other program to decode the multicast flow. Is this
possible? Could i modify the pluto code to get this?

Thank you for your help

Carlos Arilla
Universidad de Zaragoza (Spain)