[Openswan dev] add SHA2 validation for X.509 certificates and CRLs

Tino Keitel tino.keitel at innominate.com
Wed Jul 11 04:12:18 EDT 2007

Hi,

the attached patch adds validation for X.509 certificates and CRLs that
use SHA2 for the digest algorithm. I tested it with CA and client
certificates and CRLs that use SHA256 and SHA512. I didn't test SHA384,
though.

It is required to build Openswan with USE_EXTRACRYPTO set to include
SHA2 support.

Regards,
Tino

--
Tino Keitel
Software Engineer

Innominate Security Technologies AG
/protecting industrial networks/
Tel: +49.30.6392-3309
Fax: +49.30.6392-3307
Albert-Einstein-Str. 14
D-12489 Berlin
http://www.innominate.com/

Register Court: AG Charlottenburg, HR B 81603
Management Board: Joachim Fietz, Dirk Seewald
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Edward M. Stadum