[Openswan dev] DPD issue with multiple tunnels between two peers

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Tue Jul 10 02:50:20 EDT 2007

>>>>> "MR" == Michael Richardson <mcr at xelerance.com> writes:

>>>>> "Benny" == Benny Amorsen <benny+usenet at amorsen.dk> writes:

Benny> Which openswan releases have the restart_by_peer option? It
Benny> seems to me that restart_by_peer is the right thing to do in
Benny> all cases, so that dpdaction=restart should go away (or just be
Benny> translated to restart_by_peer)

MR>   Restarting is not the right action all the time. Sometimes,
MR> having the conn disappear is the right action.

Wouldn't you pick dpdaction=clear or something in those cases? I'm
only complaining about connections not being restarted when I
explicitly set dpdaction=restart.

/Benny