[Openswan dev] Openswan on uClinux

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Dec 16 02:02:15 EST 2007

| From: David McCullough <David_Mccullough at securecomputing.com>

| Also,  openswan (AFAIK) has never been run on uClinux.  The Freeswan
| version in the uClinux-dist has been used under uClinux.

The Linksys WRV200 wireless VPN router seems to run uCLinux and
Openswan.  Linksys makes available the GPLed code that they used.
(Well, not the code for beta versions, but that is another story.)
The router's processor core has an MMU so they could have used
mainstream Linux.

As far as I know they have never submitted any of their changes back
to the Openswan project.  Nor have I heard of anyone building and
running from the released source.  Too bad: the hardware looks better
than the WRT54GL.

The WRV200 seems to have dubious reliability according to discussion
on linksysinfo.org so their port may not be great but it could be a
start.