[Openswan dev] OpenSwan 2.6.10-1 on OpenWrt 7.09 consistently hangs on large HTTP file transfer

starlight at binnacle.cx starlight at binnacle.cx
Fri Dec 7 00:25:25 EST 2007

I apologize for my irate comments.  They were the result of
frustration born from the extreme tedium of isolating the issue.

Suspect that the problem is present on all platforms, but like
some that I've seen it's possible it doesn't produce the same
effect on every architecture.  Seen ones that trap on Sparc but
not on x86, and vice-versa.

Also the 4GB has to travel before a session expires.  Might be
rare in practice.  It just barely passes the threshold with a
dedicated transfer running at 1.5MBPS and a default keylife
parameter.

Since there is an effective work-around, not in a hurry for a
fix--never was.  Just would like to see it get fixed some day.