[Openswan dev] OpenSwan 2.6.10-1 on OpenWrt 7.09 consistently hangs on large HTTP file transfer

starlight at binnacle.cx starlight at binnacle.cx
Mon Dec 3 20:08:11 EST 2007

Per the follow-up message, I now suspect the problem was caused
by some form of insanity in the Cisco VPN firewall.  Check out
the post as it contains a ping-plotter graph illustrating what
happened.  The Cisco was restarted in the morning and I was able
to complete the download with no problems even with the
'ipsec spi' command in the logging loop.

In the case of the short-interval failure, OpenSwan continued
to operate.  It was just refused connections originating on
the other side.

Now I'm running the transfer again to reproduce the 7GB
blow-out with the logging loop running.  Will forward the
logging output once that happens.  Maybe tomorrow, maybe
the day after.  It's a big file.