[Openswan dev] OpenSwan 2.6.10-1 on OpenWrt 7.09 consistently hangs on large HTTP file transfer

starlight at binnacle.cx starlight at binnacle.cx
Mon Dec 3 10:27:45 EST 2007

At 01:23 AM 12/3/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>At 04:39 PM 12/2/2007 -0500, Michael Richardson wrote:
>>  Also look at "ipsec spi" output.
>
>Adding this command to the 60 second loop causes
>the OpenSwan and the transfer to hose up in a matter
>of an hour or two, so I have removed it.  Will run
>the command after the lock-up that results from
>7GB of data transfer.
>
>Tried stop/starting OpenSwan, but it did not restore
>everything, so had to reboot the router.  Seems some
>kernel corruption happens in this case.

Not so sure about this now.  Restarted transfer blew up within
an hour after restarting at 3:00am.  Now I'm wondering if the
Cisco VPN firewall was hosed by the transfers.  Looks like the
remote side was reset at 9:00am, eliminating the persistant
packet loss that had appeared coincident with the short-interval
failures.

Is this something anyone has encountered before?

Emacs!