[Openswan dev] Error trying to compile klips module on SLES9

Ruben Laban r.laban at ism.nl
Tue Aug 21 08:57:37 EDT 2007

Hi list,

Since we're still using 2.4.5 klips kernel modules on our servers (userland is
either 2.4.5 or 'already' 2.4.7), I decided to compile a fresh 2.4.9 klips
kernel module for our servers. However, I run into some compile errors. The
errors do seem familiar, so I probably ran into them when I compiled the
2.4.5 kernel modules. I just can't remember how I fixed it back in the day.
The kernel I'm building is the standard SLES9 (both UP and SMP) kernel, which
is a 2.4.5 kernel with lots of backports, including ipsec related ones. I
attached the output of 'make KERNELSRC=/usr/src/linux module >build.log 2>&1'
Anyone how to get around these errors? I did try to play with renaming and/or
replacing certain include file, yet to no avail.

Regards,
--
Ruben Laban
Systems and Network Administrator