[Openswan dev] [Openswan Users] arbitrary key length in openswan's manual keying mode (fwd)

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Sep 8 12:44:49 EDT 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 15:35:00 +0000
From: Changjin HONG <hongcj92 at hotmail.com>
To: users at openswan.org
Subject: [Openswan Users] arbitrary key length in openswan's manual keying mode

Hi, all

I installed openswan 2.4.5 and it was successful to use both auto and manual keying mode between two linux boxes.

Now, I want to use an arbitrary size of key for manual mode. In manual keying scenario, I enter hexa number into the manual conf file. However,
there are only three specified options available according to the ipsec of linux. e.g. 3des | 3des-md5-96(192 bit, 128 bit) | 3des-sha1-96(192 bit,
160 bit) which follows a certain RFC. My question is that "is it possible to use varied length of bits for each key such as a larger size(192 bit,
384 bit)?" Which source code do I have to look up?

regards,

bart

Users at openswan.org