[Openswan dev] Re: [Openswan Users]

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Thu Jan 19 08:09:32 CET 2006

Jivin Paul Wouters lays it down ...
> On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, iler_ml at fastmail.fm wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know about patch to linux/net/ipsec specific to
> > Intel IXP4XX processors(IXP425/455/465) that utilize the processor's
> > builtin encyphering/decyphering hardware ?
>
> No. I believed Intel never released the specs so open source drivers
> could not be written. But correct me if I am wrong.

The ocf-linux project has support for the ixp4xx processors.
You still need the Intel access libraries,  but if you are using one of
these taregts you will almost certainly have that already to make the
network ports go.

	http://ocf-linux.sourceforge.net/

Patches/drivers for openswan and drivers to make everything go fast.
If you get the CyberGuard/SnapGear distribution and patches from

	www.snapgear.org

you get everything packages up ready to compile,

Cheers,
Davidm

--
David McCullough, davidm at cyberguard.com.au, Custom Embedded Solutions + Security