[Openswan dev] nat-t openswan interop problem Win2003

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Tue Jan 3 22:50:22 CET 2006

Michael Richardson wrote:

>   Sigh. Stupid MS.
>   Can't they issue a patch faster than that? draft-02 is probably close to
> three years old!

Perhaps they fixed it in Windows 2003 R2 or Vista but I haven't tried.
This is how Microsoft works, you pay for new features...

Can you add VID_NATT_IETF_02_N to the list of VIDs or does it break things?
If it works it would add Netscreen NAT-T interoperability as a bonus.

>   Well, if you think about it, the client *CAN'T* know the external IP.

How do the Windows clients know it then? Or do you think they just ignore it?

> It's a bug in Openswan. We have preliminary patches, but they won't be
> released yet.

I don't know if you have already tested those patches but you can download
a Windows 2003 trial copy from the Microsoft website.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl
                     Mosquitos suck