[Openswan dev] MODECFG/IKECFG/MODE CONFIG openswan server and third party clients

Anna Wiejak anias at popoludnica.pl
Wed Dec 6 06:53:05 EST 2006

>   Well, openswan interoperates with multiple cisco implementations that
> were done by the authors of the ikecfg draft.
Is it the set/acknowledge way of mode config conversation that works
in cisco(modecfg client)-openswan(modecfg server) configuration?
Unfortunately I've got no way to verify this.
The problem is the same argument was provided by softremote developers
team (I've contacted them about the problem weeks ago) - according to
what they wrote is - it works with number of cisco implementations
their customers are using.

Just curious - can someone instead point me to the proper part of
rfc/draft where it's explained? I can't see anywhere (draft/rfc 2409)
a _clear statement_ whether Phase1 or Phase2 IV should be used.

Regards!

--
Anna Wiejak