[Openswan dev] MODECFG/IKECFG/MODE CONFIG openswan server and third party clients

Anna Wiejak anias at popoludnica.pl
Tue Dec 5 07:34:59 EST 2006

Hi,

Recently I was working on the problem of modeconfig compatibility
between openswan server and softremote third-party client.
I found the reason why this doesn't work properly and implemented a
workaround on openswan server. The problem and solution is explained
in detail here:

http://popoludnica.pl/?id=10100110

Openswan implements the modeconfig in a different way then all other
solutions I've seen. I can't find out which behaviour is correct - it
looks like the details of deriving initialization vector iv for
payload encryption of mode config messages are not clearly defined in
ikecfg draft.

Can anyone elaborate on this please?

Reagards!

--