[Openswan dev] [Openswan Users] MTU issues with Openswan tunnel

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Dec 1 09:35:57 EST 2006

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, Tuomo Soini wrote:

> Paul Wouters wrote:
>
> > I'd like to see an mtu= option for a per-tunnel setting that does exactly
> > this. Perhaps something Tuomo would like to work on? :)
> >
> > Paul
>
> If overridemtu= value could be available on _updown script it would be
> around 10 minutes job to add that support.

I am going to add the keyword mtu= and see about setting an env variable
MTU if it is set. If you add it to the updown script, we're done :)

> via that same value one could easily add extra routing args like:
>
> "mtu 1400 scope global"

Would it make sense to call the option differently, eg "routerargs="
or something? It's probably more flexible, but would also be more
confusing I think. How about we call it "mtu" but we allow a string
value, and pass it along entirely? But if it only contains a value
we prepend "mtu "?