[Openswan dev] Re: openswan potential DoS in sarge

Martin Schulze joey at infodrom.org
Wed Apr 26 12:52:00 CEST 2006

Rene Mayrhofer wrote:
> [Since I'm CC'ing the list, this is about the pluto crash fixed with 2.4.0,
> see http://lists.openswan.org/pipermail/dev/2005-April/000844.html for the
> problem description.]
>
> Am Sunday 16 April 2006 10:18 schrieb Moritz Muehlenhoff:
> > Does the crash take out the whole pluto daemon or only single instances
> > serving a specific roadwarrior?
> The whole pluto daemon goes down and is immediately restarted.

In that case there is no denial of service and it doesn't sound
as if we need to fix anything.

However, if it's a segementation fault (contrary to a termination
induced by a failed assertion), it would be helpful to know where
the problem is indeed since it would be good to find out whether
it is possible to inject arbitrary code.

Regards,

	Joey