[Openswan dev] KLIPS and Fedora kernels

Johannes Walch j.walch at nwe.de
Wed Sep 28 12:20:58 CEST 2005

Hi everybody,

I hope this is not misplaced at the develop list.

I have concluded some tests with the RPMS for the Fedora distribution
from the openswan site. KLIPS does not work with FC4 kernels at all and
it does not work with FC3 kernels > 2.6.11. Even with the
2.6.11_1.35_FC3 kernel (last working) the machine completely crashes
when a NAT-T connection is initiated.

To solve this problem I will compare the fedora kernel to the vanilla
kernel and try to find out which modification causes the aformentioned
problems by removing modifications from the fedora kernel until the
errors are gone.

The post is basically to let you know I am on this and probably to
synchronize results with other people.

johannes walch