[Openswan dev] Small optimisation for lots of interfaces

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Nov 24 19:50:07 CET 2005

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, David McCullough wrote:

> > But has not been updated to completely replace the scripts, though we
> > want to get rid of the scripts.
>
> Ok, we have a 'C' based tool that we originally wrote to run on our
> small footprint devices as we could accomodate a full shell+tools.
>
> It's and older freeswan implementation of whatthe shell scripts do,
> and I mean,  it does what the shell scripts do only in 'C'.  There
> are a couple of small optimisations in there to help,  but it is
> effectively just a 'C' pattern/text parser.

Is this different from programs/starter ?

> So if a 'C' implementation of the scripts is something  that might be
> cosidered an improvement,  we would definately be happy to put it out
> there.  It needs updating to the current openswan ifmond.conf options
> though.  It's not beautiful,  but it is self contained.

It has been a long term goal for us to remove all the scripts. They are
just too problematic for use on many embedded systems. But we have not
had the resources to do so. We would be very interested in integrating
a C based replacement.

"Happiness is never grand"

	--- Mustapha Mond, World Controller (Brave New World)