[Openswan dev] [Openswan Users] klips_error:ipsec_sa_put: null pointer passed in (fwd)

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Nov 22 20:45:58 CET 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:01:20 +0100
From: Marco Berizzi <pupilla at hotmail.com>
To: users at openswan.org
Subject: [Openswan Users] klips_error:ipsec_sa_put: null pointer passed in

Hello everybody.
I successfully compiled KLIPS 2.4.4 on linux vanilla 2.4.32 and 2.6.12.6,
but when there is traffic flow inside the tunnel the linux box is extremely
slow and the linux system is sending out lot of packets.
I get lot of these errors when I enable klipsdebug=full:

klips_error:ipsec_sa_put: null pointer passed in!

(http://bugs.xelerance.com/view.php?id=472)
The last working version (for me) is KLIPS 2.3.1 on linux vanilla 2.4.32
What vanilla linux kernel version should I use with KLIPS 2.4.x?

TIA

PS: I always compile KLIPS statically not as a module.