[Openswan dev] pluto crash (DoS)

Rene Mayrhofer rene.mayrhofer at gibraltar.at
Thu Jun 30 14:45:59 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I just want to add another data point that might be important in tracking the
pluto crash: on all systems that I use for testing this, the kernel is a 2.4
one with PaX patches applied. Although I don't see any PaX messages in my log
and therefore doubt that PaX is killing pluto because of invalid memory
accesses, it might be involved in the issue. PaX also randomizes some memory
addresses, maybe pluto has a usually silent bug in that area that surfaces
then.

with best regards,
Rene